Based in the San Francisco Bay Area / Peninsula, Light Within Yoga’s mission is to support you in your journey towards health, personal growth, stress reduction, and relaxation by offering yoga classes that will invigorate the mind, body, and soul.
· Vinyasa yoga classes, where movement is linked with the breath as poses flow into one another. Great for all levels, even if you’ve never taken a yoga class before or if this is your 500th time on the mat. You will have a fun time!
· Hatha yoga classes, designed to open the channels of the body as you bring awareness to the present moment. It is slower paced and focuses more on alignment. Great for beginners and advanced yogis as well.
· Prenatal yoga classes, for expectant mothers throughout all the stages of pregnancy. Postures designed to bring ease and strength in preparation to give birth and support in common pregnancy discomforts in your changing body.
· Mommy & Baby yoga classes, for a supportive environment where moms can meet other women and enjoy a special experience with their babies.
· Children's yoga classes, for kids 4-10 years old, to develop awareness and coordination while having fun. Your child will learn to relax through breathing techniques and movement which they will consider as playing.
· Restorative yoga classes, for students of all levels, a more gentle practice designed to restore the nervous system and help release deeply held tensions from the body and mind. Props are used to support the postures to get you into deeper relaxation.
· Meditation focused classes, where you can learn how to quiet your mind to refocus and find the light within you. Perfect for the stressed out, overwhelmed person. It will do wonders for your life!
· Hiking yoga, where we combine nature and our surroundings with yoga. Don’t limit your practice indoors, enjoy nature and we will make sure you have a good combination work out in the fresh air. Something different that you will enjoy!
“There is always a light within us that is free from all sorrow and grief, no matter how much we may be experiencing suffering.” – Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
Anna Satorre began practicing yoga in 2004 and has explored various yoga styles through out the years such as Hatha, Vinyasa, Bikram, Hot Yoga, Jivamukti, Aerial, Restorative, and Yin Yoga. She was looking to deepen her practice and completed her Yoga Alliance 500-hour teacher training at Yoga Garden San Francisco and began teaching in 2016. Her classes tend to be Vinyasa-based with a strong emphasis on alignment. She received her certification in Prenatal Yoga with Marisa Toriggino, studied Children's Yoga with Alexandra Ross, Restorative Yoga with Cora Wen and had the privilege to mentor with senior teacher Jen Hecht Newman.
"Yoga has always been there for me when I needed it the most. Through every heartbreak and difficult times in my life, yoga has been there to keep me focused and balanced in my mind, body and soul. My goal is to share my passion for yoga to others, especially those who want to find peace and harmony while being guided through a physical workout. I will make sure to guide you through a practice that will have you feeling rejuvenated and balanced. "-Anna
The light within me acknowledges the light within you.
“It was my first time doing hiking yoga and I had an amazing experience. Anna was very professional and upbeat. The view was incredible and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I highly recommend it!”
Get In Touch